Diabetes Prevention Program
The Leland Senior Center and the YMCA are teaming up to provide the Diabetes Prevention Program, a program based upon proven strategies to help individuals reduce their risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Goals include weight loss, increased physical activity, improved nutrition and stress reduction. Y membership is NOT required to participate.
If any of the following apply, you may be at risk for type 2 diabetes and meet the requirements to participate in the program:
- Overweight (BMI ≥ 25 or ≥ 23 if Asian)
- Above-normal blood sugar levels (prediabetes)
- Family history of diabetes
- Not physically active
- History of gestational diabetes
HOW IT WORKS
- Contact the YMCA Program Coordinator to see if you qualify or ask your physician for a referral
- Attend 25, one-hour, small-group classroom sessions over the course of a year
- Get support with physical activity with a free 4-month YMCA membership
- Work towards weight loss and physical activity goals with the help of a supportive Lifestyle Coach
Free. Sponsored by the Brunswick Wellness Coalition.
TO REGISTER OR FOR QUESTIONS
Contact Bridget Carroll, Program Coordinator, 910-251-9622 x274 or email email@example.com